Question: You use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 to create an application. The application connects to a Microsoft SQL Server database. The application stores encrypted credit card numbers in the database. You need to ensure that credit card numbers can be extracted from the database. Which cryptography provider should you use
Correct Answer: 2
Question: You use Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 to create an application. The application uses the ADO.NET Entity Framework to model entities. The application allows users to make changes to entities while disconnected from the central data store. You need to ensure that when the user connects to the central data store and retrieves new data, the application meets the following requirements:
- Changes made to the local data store in disconnected mode are preserved.
- Entities that have already been loaded into the local data store, but have not been modified by the user, are updated with the latest data.
What should you do
- Call the query’s Execute method by using the MergeOptions.AppendOnly option.
- Call the query’s Execute method by using the MergeOptions.OverwriteChanges option.
- Call the Refresh method of ObjectContext by using the RefreshMode.StoreWins option.
- Call the Refresh method of ObjectContext by using the RefreshMode.ClientWins method.
Correct Answer: 4
Question: You are designing an ASP.NET Web application that displays daily sales information. The sales information is stored in a large Microsoft SQL Server database. The database information is updated each night. During the day, people use the Web application to display a set of standard sales reports based on the latest database information. The SQL queries that are required to retrieve the database information can take from 20 to 30 seconds to execute. You need to design the application to ensure that pages usually load in no more than 5 seconds. Which two approaches could you recommend (Each correct answer presents a complete solution. Choose two.)
- Use SQL Server replication.
- Use AJAX to retrieve the database information.
- Use a control that retrieves and displays the database information.
- Use a service that proxies the database queries and caches the results.
Correct Answer: 2 & 4
Question: You are designing a process for deploying an ASP.NET MVC 2 Web application to IIS 6.0. You need to ensure that the Web application properly handles Web requests. Which approach should you recommend
- Configure IIS to map all requests to aspnet_isapi.dll by using a wildcard script map.
- Configure IIS to map all requests to aspnet_wp.exe by using a wildcard script map.
- Modify the Web application to route all requests to an HttpHandler class.
- Modify the Web application to route all requests to an HttpModule class.
Correct Answer: 1
Question: You are moving a Windows Communication Foundation (WCF) service into production. You need to be able to monitor the health of the service. You only want to enable all performance counter instances exposed by the ServiceModelService 220.127.116.11 counter group. Which element should you add to the system.serviceModel section in the application configuration file
1<diagnostics performanceCounters="ServiceOnly" />
1<diagnostics wmiProviderEnabled="true" performanceCounters="Off" />
1<diagnostics performanceCounters="All" />
1<diagnostics wmiProviderEnabled="true" />
Correct Answer: 1
Question: You are planning a deployment process for a set of interrelated Web services. You need to ensure maximum availability of the Web services in the event of a hardware or software failure. Which approach should you recommend
- Run each distinct service on a separate physical machine.
- Run each distinct service on two separate physical machines.
- Run each distinct service on a separate virtual machine (VM).
- Run each distinct service on two virtual machines (VMs) hosted on one physical machine.
Correct Answer: 2