Install Application Insights in your app, set up availability web tests, and:
- Set up a dashboard for your team room to keep an eye on load, responsiveness, and the performance of your dependencies, page loads, and AJAX calls.
- Discover which are the slowest and most failing requests.
- Watch Live Stream when you deploy a new release, to know immediately about any degradation.
When you receive an alert or discover a problem:
- Assess how many users are affected.
- Correlate failures with exceptions, dependency calls and traces.
- Examine profiler, snapshots, stack dumps, and trace logs.
Build, Measure, Learn
Measure the effectiveness of each new feature that you deploy.
- Plan to measure how customers use new UX or business features.
- Write custom telemetry into your code.
- Base the next development cycle on hard evidence from your telemetry.