What are the advanced features of MOSS 2007?
- User Interface (UI) and navigation enhancements
- Document management enhancements
- The new Workflow engine
- Office 2007 Integration
- New Web Parts
- New Site-type templates
- Enhancements to List technology
- Web Content Management
- Business Data Catalog
- Search enhancements
- Report Center
- Records Management
- Business Intelligence and Excel Server
- Forms Server and InfoPath
- The “Features” feature
- Alternate authentication providers and Forms-based authentication
How Office SharePoint Server 2007 can help you?
Office SharePoint Server 2007 can help us:
- Manage content and streamline processes. Comprehensively manage and control unstructured content like Microsoft Office documents, Web pages, Portable Document Format file (PDF) files, and e-mail messages. Streamline business processes that are a drain on organizational productivity.
- Improve business insight. Monitor your business, enable better-informed decisions, and respond proactively to business events.
- Find and share information more simply. Find information and expertise wherever they are located. Share knowledge and simplify working with others within and across organizational boundaries.
- Empower IT to make a strategic impact. Increase responsiveness of IT to business needs and reduce the number of platforms that have to be maintained by supporting all the intranet, extranet, and Web applications across the enterprise with one integrated platform.
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 capabilities can help improve organizational effectiveness by connecting people, processes, and information.
- Office SharePoint Server 2007 provides these capabilities in an integrated server offering, so your organization doesn’t have to integrate fragmented technology solutions itself.
Can I customize my Windows SharePoint Services site?
YES! Windows SharePoint Services makes updating sites and their content from the browser easier then ever.
SharePoint includes tools that let you create custom lists, calendars, page views, etc. You can apply a theme; add List, Survey and Document Library Web Parts to a page; create personal views; change logos; connect Web Parts and more.
To fully customize your site, you can use Microsoft FrontPage 2003. Specifically, you can use FrontPage themes and shared borders, and also use FrontPage to create photo galleries and top ten lists, utilize standard usage reports, and integrate automatic Web content.